Your Library Card
Who can get a library card, how to apply, and how to use your library card.
- All persons in a serviceable area will be issued a borrower's card upon application without fee.
- A photo ID is required to fill out an application The application card must be signed at the library. Persons under age 16 must have a parents signature. Signing the application card means the patron agrees to the lending policies of the library and accept responsibility for items checked out from the library. Each person will be issued a bar code which remains at the library and will be used for all checkouts.
- How to use the library card
- Items are checked out for 2 weeks, this includes magazines, books of tape or cd, videos or dvd's. Patrons may checkout at one time
- 6 books
- 4 compact discs
- 6 periodicals
- 4 VCR tapes
- 4 DVD's
- These totals may be changed at the discretion of the director.
- Reserved items may not renewed and may have a one week checkout. Reference materials have a one week checkout.
- Interlibrary loan books are subject to the rules of the lending library. Due dates vary, but are generally for 3 - 4 weeks
- Items may be returned to the library during regular hours or put in the drop box when the library is closed.
- Items may be renewed for an additional 2 weeks unless it is a reserve book. Items may be renewed by phone.
- There are no official overdue fines for books. There is a conscience box that may be donated to if the patron wishes to do so. Video fines are 25 cents per day. Patrons will be charged replacement cost on all lost materials. Charges for damaged items will vary with the extent of damage; amount to be determined by the Library Director. Patrons that are not in good standing with the library because of overdue items will not be allowed computer access until the items have been returned or paid for.
- Books will be reserved upon request from a patron. A waiting list will be on file on the circulation system. Reserves will be held for three days. If not picked up within that time, reserve items will be sent to the next person on the list, or returned to the shelves.